Are you between the ages of 18 to 30 years old?
We are always in search of passionate, creative, team-oriented and talented people to join Expo Latino Festival.
Check it out
Submission Deadline: June 19th.
The Expo Latino Festival is dedicated to presenting the best of local and international cultural Hispanic performers in a 3-day event at the Prince’s Island Park during the month of August every year.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be a part of our ever-growing team and be part of Calgary’s cultural history.
Hispanic Arts Society, producers of the Expo Latino, a not-for-profit cultural organization, is hiring a student for the contract position of:
COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR, FESTIVAL
The Communications Coordinator will work in a fast-paced environment, supporting the Expo Latino Festival on a number of media relations activities. We are interested in applicants who have a specific interest in media relations and communications.
- In charge of all publicity and marketing strategies for the Expo Latino Festival
- Supports the daily function of the team by assisting with administrative tasks, including maintaining the website and media sites, and responding to telephone and email inquiries
- Writes, researches and edits internal and external documents, including press releases and correspondence as required
- Effectively maintains current relationships with media, sponsors and government agencies. Appearances/interviews in media in English and Spanish are possible
- Assists with updating the festival’s social media channels.
- Works closely with team members to complete time-sensitive tasks
- Assists with coordination of various press events in the lead-up to and during the Festival
- Students must be in communications, art, film, journalism or related field
- 1-2 years of media relations experience
- Superior communications skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations with tact and diplomacy
- Works well individually and with a team
- High computer proficiency (Microsoft Office experience preferred, knowledge of Gmail and experience working in databases)
- Familiarity with Expo Latino, as well as interest and passion for cultural events
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends
- June 20 to August 22.
How to Submit & Application Deadline
- Please submit the cover letter and resumé by 11:59 pm on June 19th via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries, please. All applications are considered confidential.